Tuesday, March 24, 2020

When Life Gets Put On Hold

Our Monday night game has been put on hold as the world deals with the Covid-19 crisis. Non-essential businesses like our game store have been ordered closed, schools have been closed, and families are sheltering in place avoiding contact with the outside world as much as possible.

My wife and I have been in self-quarantine for 12 days now. We've only left the house for a medical appointment and groceries. We miss our children and our grandchildren, but we call or FaceTime with them daily. I post daily updates on Facebook and follow the latest news.

Being a gaming blog I guess I need to talk about my games. Until we were forced to stop, our Monday group was playing a rules-lite form of Traveller. We've had a good time with it. Our ship, the Double Deuce, has criss-crossed the subsector in search of a Vrusk genetic scientist who has spent years developing new lifeforms for her own twisted reasons. We located several of her bases. Finally we located her ship in a distant asteroid belt of one system. We fought and disabled her ship despite it being much larger and better armed.

I'm having a hard time writing. My mind wanders off to other things. I'll try again later.

No comments:

Post a Comment