Sunday, April 14, 2019

Homemade Counters

I love the new counters for The Fantasy Trip, but I also enjoy customizing my stuff, so I made counters of my own for our current campaign.

Top rows are the five members of our band of adventurers plus our friendly ogre, Ralph.

Second row are five members of our militia that we use from time to time. In our last big battle we used them plus five more generic archers to fight a large force of "Dark Hobbits".

The bottom row contains NPCs we have regular dealings with. Sir Oswald is a hedge knight, Ogden is a merchant who we have guarded his caravan many times. Stafford is a hedge mage who once was a bear. Roger, or more correctly now, Lord Rumbold is the Lord Mayor of the town of East Riding.

Finally there is Snidley.  He is steward to the Ogre Lord of Gromly, but we suspect that he is the real power, in not only the town, but over the entire island.

I printed the counters onto card stock at a copy shop and mounted them to a stiff cardboard. I wanted to use artist illustration board, but the craft store I went to didn't have any. Instead I used drink coasters from a steak house we go to on occasion. (G'day mates.) It worked out fairly well. Maybe we will try them out this coming week.

1 comment:

  1. Nice!

    I used to make many TFT & GURPS counters (in TFT format) using photocopier "reduce" settings (needed to do several copies to reduce them enough, usually), scissors, rubber cement, etc.

    Much easier now with computers & printers.

    ReplyDelete