Saturday, February 9, 2019

This & That

I've been absent for a few days. There is a 'bug' going around that has nasty effects on the gastrointestinal tract. My granddaughter brought it home from school. Since we babysit her and her brother my wife and I got it too, as well as our son and his girlfriend. Luckily it only last 24-48 hours.


I took a look at my activity on Kickstarter. I got started with it when Steve Jackson announced The Fantasy Trip - Old School Roleplaying! last July. Since then I have backed the TFT Adventures, the Pocket Box Games of the Eighties and Hexagram #1. All of them are through either Steve Jackson Games or Warehouse 23. I'm backing one other project. Phillip Reed who is CEO of SJG decided to create his own fanzine which is called Delayed Blast Gamemaster #1. It is a 48-page (it started with 24) saddle-stitched zine loaded with ideas for use with most fantasy RPGs.

So I am hip deep into Kickstarter projects and please don't tell my wife how much I have spent or will spend over the next seven months. I hope I can resist participating in anymore projects, especially since I am forced to wait, and wait after I spend my money. The good news though is my huge 'I Want It All' box of The Fantasy Trip Legacy Edition should arrive in about six or seven weeks.


Speaking of bugs, Mr. Tollenkar on the MeWe group: Melee, Wizard, and The Fantasy Trip posted a page of Hymenopteran counters he had acquired. These bugs were included in the list of monsters in the original (©1980) version of In The Labyrinth, but were dropped from the new Legacy edition (©2018). I like the concept of creatures with a hive mentality and the sole purpose in life to find food and increase the strength of the hive. So I am starting work on an adventure in which a party of intrepid explorers will have to enter a hive to do... what? Find a long, lost treasure, destroy the hive for the benefit of the community, save a damsel in distress? I don't know yet. I'm working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment