Monday, February 11, 2019

More About Bugs

I did a little research into Hymenopterans the other day. They were originally part of the Chitin I game which was designed by Howard Thompson and edited by Steve Jackson in 1977.
My guess is (and anyone from SJG can correct me if I am wrong) the bugs were included as part of the monster list for In The Labyrinth in 1980 when it was owned by Metagaming, but Steve wisely removed them from the legacy edition since they were based on material he did not own. Again this is my assumption.
I like the bugs, but they are no longer canon to TFT. Like I said before I really like the concept of an insect hive culture as a monster challenge for roleplaying adventures. Instead of dealing with one or two large monsters the PCs must face a horde of little critters that are single-mindedly seeking food and protecting their queen. So I am creating my own hive society of bugs and although you still will find workers and warriors, I'm designing them a bit differently. More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment